FLAAR book recommendations on photography and digital photography.
Every book on photography or cameras has tidbits of information that will improve your photography. During 30 years of being a professional photographer (and professor) I have had the opportunity to "review" books in actual practice. That is, does this title really teach me something new; is there enough information in these pages to make the book worth its price?
This practical experience allows FLAAR to select, list, review, and recommend pertinent titles. This saves you from the uncertainty of what to buy. Obviously, since everyone is coming from a different photographic background and has differing goals, some titles will be more pertinent than others, but at least here is a head start.
You can buy all these titles from Calumet. They have a web site and a toll-free telephone number. Why buy from Calumet and not from cheap on-line book web-sites? Because Calumet is one of the three largest photography companies in America. So you can expect the person you deal with (whether on-line or on the telephone) to know something about photography. Naturally Calumet itself may recommend certain titles as being best for your particular personal interests, such as erotic photography, which we do not cover on our web sites (sorry, but as an archaeologist, all the people we photograph are no longer very erotic, though they are definitely all the more exotic).
The numbers are those from Calumet's catalog (be sure these numbers are still valid).
|Here are some samples nature photography with a digital camera.
- View Camera Technique
- The Darkroom Cookbook
- Professional Interior Photography
- Beyond the Zone System, 3rd Ed.
- The Medium Format Advantage
- Stroebel's View Camera Basics
- New Dimensions in Photo Imaging: A
Step-by-Step Manual, 2nd Edition
- Electronic Imaging (Book)
- Professional Architectural Photography
Digital Imaging: Tips, Tools, and Techniques
- Photographing in the Studio
- Digital Images - A Practical Guide: What Everyone Needs to Know About Digital..
- Scanning the Professional Way
- Photographing Buildings Inside and Out,
- The Photographer's Studio Manual
- Business and Legal Forms for
- Close-ups in Nature
- Food Photography and Styling
- Photographer's Guide to Using Filters
- Pricing Photography: The Complete Guide
to Stock Prices
- The Photographer's Guide to Marketing and
Self-Promotion, 2nd Edition
- Mastering Black & White Photography: From Camera to Darkroom
Design updated June 9, 2008.
Updated Feb. 23, 1999, last udated Aug. 5, 2001.